Friday, May 12, 2006

TRENT REZNOR AND JONATHA BROOKS

Trent Reznor, member of Nine Inch Nails: "Just because technology exists where you can duplicate something, that doesn’t give you the right to do it. There’s nothing wrong with giving some tracks away or bits of stuff that’s fine. But it’s not everybody’s right. Once I record something, it’s not public domain to give it away freely. And that’s not trying to be the outdated musician who is trying to ‘stop technology. I love technology."

HURT...are you telling me you HURT? ASSHOLE.

Jonatha Brooke, Folk-Singer/Songwriter: "It pisses me off and I resent it. I spent $15,000 on my Web site. I paid a publicist for a year and a half out of my own pocket. And now some kid's going to tell me my catalog should be free? They're just entrepreneurs setting themselves up to make a ton of money off other people's work. Where's the compensation for the artists? I know people using these illegal sites are chuckling about kicking big, bad record labels. But as evil as the record companies may be, at least they're paying for your recording budget, and at least they're promoting you, and paying for tour support. We can make a new model-yeah right. It's laughable. Those people have no idea how the music business works. Because unless you're Alanis Morissette or Dave Matthews, you're not making money on the road. It's all I can do to break even on tour. And the only reason to tour is to promote the sale of my CD."

It's real sad you had to hock the "n" in your first name. Man? Woman? ASSHOLE.

So Sez RULEZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home